International (master) students are also welcome to join our study association! Babel can be a nice addition during your time here.
Babel is a study association, this means we organise study-related activities as well as social activities to get to know your fellow students. Some examples of activities are monthly drinks, lectures on linguistics and dinner parties.
Babel is meant for students of the bachelor Linguistics, the master Linguistics, the master Multilingualism & Language Acquisition, the master Speech tTherapy or students with a linguistic minor or major.
A part of all these activities is organized by members of SV Babel. Babel has committees, consistent of some Babel memebers.
– There’s an Activities Committee to organize social activities,
– A Lecture Committee to organize studyrelated-activities,
– The “Bab(b)elaars” Committee which fills our own magazine,
– An Introduction Committee to organise the first week of the year and an introductioncamp for the first year students
– The Media Committee which takes pictures at activities, designs
promotion material, edits videos for special occasions, and many more media-related activities
Besides that, members with related interests form disputes.
– The “Bovenste Babeltonen” is a singing dispute
– The Film Dispute watches movies together
– The Game Dispute plays all kinds of (board)games
– The LAN-Dipute plays video games together and organises streams once in a while
How much does a Babel membership cost?
First year student usually become member for 3 years for 25 euros. If you’re a master student or you want to become member for 1 year, you can join Babel for 7,50 euros.
What to do?
If you want to become a member: hit the button “lid worden?” and fill out the form.
If you would like to receive some more information, send us an e-mail.